Tomorrow's Summer Social and Moustache Party will be just that-- a party. Amongst all of these lectures, musical tributes, family events, writing workshops, and sold-out tours, we wanted to give a nod to Sam's love of a nice evening socializing.
There are so many fantastic elements to this event I can't even bring myself to put them into full sentences:
- Only $10 and $5 for members!
- Ice Cream from the UConn Dairy Bar included in admission (locally made!)
- One Huckleberry Vodka Lemonade ALSO included in admission (courtesy of 44 North!)
- Puppeteer Anne Cubberly will be on hand to help you make your own felt moustache
- Catie Talarski of WNPR will be on hand to judge best Moustaches (real and fake)
- Locally renowned band String Theorie will play on the porch of the house
- Bocce, badminton, Twister, horseshoes and more to play on the Harriet Beecher Stowe Center lawn
- Scrabble, Balderdash, chess, and more to play indoors if it rains!
- A cash bar no matter what! The happiest happy hour of all!
- 5-8 PM on a Wednesday-- I'd call this the best happy hour ever.
But without further ado, I present to you ten moustaches we love.
1. Salvador Dali. If you're going to wear a moustache, might as well accessorize with an ocelot.
2. Charlie Chaplin. Just classic.
3. This guy! Keep watching for the 'stache.
4. The fine folks at Movember. This is actually a LOT of moustaches, but the cause is awesome and you can participate all over the world.
5. My friend Rachel's dog's moustache.
6. Sexy fish moustaches.
7. Fun uncles of the world. I have a fun uncle with a moustache, do you?
9. This person is serious about his efforts.
10. Of course...
See you tomorrow evening, rain or shine!
- The Mark Twain House & Museum